→ Doom 3
> Pepper Flash Player is maintained by Google, and is newer than Adobe Flash Player. Adobe currently > still provides security fixes for Adobe Flash Player. Google provides newer features in Pepper Flash Player. > Pepper Flash Player can currently only be used with Chromium (and with Chrome).
Installing pepperflashplugin-nonfree should bring back Adobe Flash in Debian Chromium package.
$ sudo update-flashplugin-nonfree --install ERROR: wget failed to download http://people.debian.org/~bartm/flashplugin-nonfree/D5C0FC14/fp.22.214.171.124.sha512.amd64.pgp.asc
The workaround works though:
- Download the Flash tar.gz package
- Extract and adjust permissions:
- sudo tar -C /usr/lib/flashplugin-nonfree/ -xvzf ./flash_player_npapi_linux.x86_64.tar.gz libflashplayer.so
- sudo chmod 0444 /usr/lib/flashplugin-nonfree/libflashplayer.so
- sudo chown root:root /usr/lib/flashplugin-nonfree/libflashplayer.so
- Configure update-alternatives:
- sudo update-alternatives --install /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins/flash-mozilla.so flash-mozilla.so /usr/lib/flashplugin-nonfree/libflashplayer.so 50
Download the Debian package from http://download.jitsi.org/deb/unstable/ - it will automatically add the following to /etc/apt/sources.list.d/jitsi.list:
deb http://download.jitsi.org/deb unstable/
and also add their keyring to the sytem:
$ apt-key list | grep -C1 SIP pub 1024D/EB0AB654 2008-06-20 uid SIP Communicator (Debian package) <email@example.com> sub 2048g/F6EFCE13 2008-06-20
And old copy of Wine was installed anyway.was present and
Running from a (noexec mounted) NFS share would not work:
$ wine32 /mnt/nfs/data/games/MCM/mcm.exe err:virtual:map_file_into_view failed to set 00000007 protection on file map, noexec filesystem? err:module:import_dll Loading library kvdd.dll (which is needed by L"Z:\\mnt\\nfs\\data\\games\\MCM\\mcm.exe") failed (error c000007b). err:module:LdrInitializeThunk Main exe initialization for L"Z:\\mnt\\nfs\\data\\games\\MCM\\mcm.exe" failed, status c0000135
So let's install a minimum copy, with all the executables installed locally:
NFSDIR=/mnt/nfs/data/games/MCM sudo mkdir /opt/MCM && cd /opt/MCM for f in $NFSDIR/*; do sudo ln -sv "$f"; done for f in `ls *.dll *.exe`; do sudo rm -f "$f" && sudo cp -ivp $NFSDIR/"$f" .; done
If needed, install the registry patch (and backup the registry before):
regedit -E ~/registry.txt regedit motocmad.reg regedit -E ~/registry_mcm.txt
See also: WineHQ: Motocross Madness 2 1.0
For amd64, this is how it worked for me:
sudo dpkg --add-architecture i386 # If not already enabled sudo apt-get install wine wine32 winetricks
Now, as a user:
wget http://dl.google.com/picasa/picasa39-setup.exe wine ./picasa39-setup.exe
Picasa will be installed underneath ~/.wine and will (hopefully) start right away. To start Picasa manually:
wine .wine/drive_c/Program\ Files/Google/Picasa3/Picasa3.exe
- recordmydesktop has a Debian package too
- kazam stopped its development, but the Debian package worked quite well.
- byzanz wasn't really comfortable to use on a Desktop system
- istanbul seemed dead and wasn't configurable at all.
Not digital signatures, but real signatures on documents:
- How can I add a signature .png to a PDF in Linux?
- How can I edit a picture into an existing PDF file?
- Mac Basics: Preview app views and edits PDFs and images
sudo dpkg --add-architecture i386 sudo apt-get update
Download Skype and install dependencies:
wget -O skype-install.deb http://www.skype.com/go/getskype-linux-deb sudo dpkg -i skype-install.deb sudo apt-get -f install
- Skype for Linux Alpha and calling on Chrome & Chromebooks
- Ghetto Skype
- Skype Unofficial Client
- Sky: Lync/Skype for Business
wget https://download.teamviewer.com/download/teamviewer_i386.deb # 64-Bit Multiarch sudo dpkg -i teamviewer_i386.deb
sudo apt-get -f install apt-get install libxdamage1:i386 libxfixes3:i386 libxrandr2:i386 # Install the i386 versions if necessary
For some reason it's somewhat hard to find a working Twitter client for Linux desktop systems. Also, some clients became obsolete when Twitter deprecated API v1.
Birdie provides a Debian package, but it's segfaulting right now. The same happens when it's installed from the latest Git checkout:
sudo apt-get install cmake valac libgtk-3-dev librest-dev libjson-glib-dev libnotify-dev libcanberra-dev libx11-dev libwebkitgtk-3.0-dev libsqlite3-dev libxtst-dev libpurple-dev libgee-dev libdbusmenu-gtk-dev libgtksourceview-3.0-dev libglib2.0-dev libglib2.0-0-dbg librest-0.7-0-dbg git clone https://github.com/birdieapp/birdie.git birdie-git cd birdie-git/ mkdir build && cd build
Let's compile with some debug options:
cmake .. -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/opt/birdie -DCMAKE_C_FLAGS="-g -O0" -DCMAKE_CXX_FLAGS="-g -O0" make sudo make install
Update: birdie has been discontinued as well.. But there's hope:
> Birdie 2.0 is coming, and it's better than ever. It is a complete rewrite of the Birdie codebase > and it enables us to improve Birdie in ways we have never been able to in the past.
$ sudo apt-get install choqok [...] Need to get 78.9 MB of archives. After this operation, 217 MB of additional disk space will be used. Do you want to continue? [Y/n]
sudo apt-get install valac automake libgtk-3-dev libglib2.0-dev librest-dev libjson-glib-dev libsqlite3-dev \ libsoup2.4-dev libgee-0.8-dev libgstreamer-plugins-base1.0-dev libgstreamer-plugins-bad1.0-dev gstreamer1.0-libav git clone https://github.com/baedert/corebird.git corebird-git cd corebird-git ./autogen.sh --prefix=/opt/corebird
Installing from source failed so far, as libraries were outdated:
sudo apt-get -V install libgtk2.0-dev libwebkit-dev libunique-dev libgtkspell-dev libindicate-dev hg clone https://firstname.lastname@example.org/troorl/pino3 pino3-hg cd pino3-hg/ mkdir build && cd build cmake .. -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/opt/pino make
Once wine was installed, it set up itself as the default handler for every document type. To revert this change, we had to empty $HOME/.local/share/applications/mimeinfo.cache and remove wine from $HOME/.local/share/applications/mimeapps.list.
- Adobe Flash Player
- Use Chromium on Linux? Adobe Flash Will Stop Working From April
- Saying Goodbye to Our Old Friend NPAPI
- Google Chrome: Desktop
- Adobe Flash Player: Manual update
- Spring-cleaning … in spring!
- wine64 recommends wine32 but package wine32 has no installation candidate
- Installing Skype
- Debian multiarch support
- TeamViewer Download for Linux
- API v1 Retirement is Complete - Use API v1.1 (2013-06-11)
- CMake Useful Variables
- It's time to say goodbye (2014-02-26)
- KDE Projects: Choqok
- FilterListEntry: Set unactivatable when showing the delete buttons (2014-11-16)
- This project has been discontinued (2014-02-09)
- pino-twitter (last commit 2010-07-03)
- pino3 (last commit 2011-07-11)
- Debian #664831 - ROM; project dead upstream
- wine setup itself as default app for almost everything